- 2626.January.FridayCentral Middle School828 Chestnut St, San Carlos, CA 94070, United States
Come enjoy a fun evening with your family and friends. Play a variety of board and card games that are fun, competitive and educational in nature. Local board game players will loan their personal games for play, plus teach and coordinate game playing. Bring games from home to share as well. Gator Games of San Mateo has donated a number of games that will be given out as prizes throughout the evening. (Gator Games discount coupons will be available to those in attendance.)
Special this year, the first 40 families will receive a free game, one of 8 different Pack-O-Game games, a game that is the size of a pack of gum. Choose from HUE, TKO, GEM, FLY, TAJ, LIE, SHH or BUS. Pack-O-Game is produced by Chris Handy at Perplext (http://www.perplext.com/)
Hot dog dinners and drinks will be sold from 5:30-7:30 PM. Come join in the fun!
- 2929.January.MondayAll Over TownSan Carlos, CA 94070, USASince its inception in 1999, the Week of the Family Committee has designated the Monday evening of the week as a night reserved for families to stay at home and do something specifically with their family. It is hoped that reserving one night per week will become habit-forming. To show their support, San Carlos principals unanimously declared Monday, as a "No Homework" night.
Family Activity Night is for everyone. You are encouraged to “adopt” friends and neighbors who would enjoy an evening of family activities.
Ideas for things to do as a family:
- Play board or card games
- Get out the family photo album
- Make up a play or story
- Make dinner—everyone contributes a dish
- Make a family calendar
- Read a book aloud (book lists are available at the library)
- Write letters to grandparents or other family members
- Draw or paint a picture
- Learn how to use a compass
- Pull out your old records, tapes, CDs, then listen to and discuss music
- Tell stories from your family history
- Go to the library
- Bake bread
- Start a family journal