- 0101.February.ThursdayThe Reading BugThe Reading Bug, Laurel Street, San Carlos, CA, United States
Bring your 3 - 7 year old kids to enjoy a wonderful family-oriented story presented by the Reading Bug. Authors Kenneth Wright and Sarah Jane will be there presenting their book Lola Dutch is a Little Bit Much. Space is limited, so get there early.
- 0101.February.ThursdaySan Carlos LibrarySan Carlos Library, Elm Street, San Carlos, CA, United States
Come and get started learning about where your family came from (genealogy) and where they went along the way.
To make the research for an ancestor a bit easier, please bring as much information as possible. Click here to download a form to capture your family information and/or go to www.familysearch.org and get started putting in your ancestors information. This is a free site. Please come prepared with family information.
- Family names (maiden name for women)
- Birth locations
- Marriage dates and spouse's name
- Date of death and place
FYI: We will also sign blue card for Genealogy Merit Badge for Boy Scouts.
- 0202.February.FridaySan Carlos Youth Center1001 Chestnut St, San Carlos, CA 94070, USA
The group the Purple Fox & the Heebie Jeebies will preform. Purple Fox and the Heebie Jeebies is a Fun, Funky, Hip Hop, Rockin' and Rollin' Band based in Silicon Valley. They bring a FUN interactive experience for young children, kids of all ages, to the full grown movers and shakers!
- 0202.February.FridayPiacerePiacere Restaurant, 727 Laurel St, San Carlos, CA 94070, United StatesLET THE GAMES BEGIN…. Whether you are young or old (or somewhere in between), if you are empty nesters or have no kids, if you are single or in a relationship, please join us for appetizers, a drink (alcohol or not), and our first annual ADULT TRIVIA GAME NIGHT at Piacere Restaurant. The trivia event will be emceed by a young trivia "buff" and prizes will be awarded to winning teams. We ask that you purchase a small appetizer and/or a drink to support Piacere's donation of the venue on Friday night. Come join us and other members of the San Carlos community for a few hours of comradery, competition and fun. Be sure to encourage friends and neighbors who might not otherwise participate. We are all part of the San Carlos family, let's meet and have some fun.
- 0303.February.SaturdaySan Carlos Museum of HistorySan Carlos Museum of History, Laurel Street, San Carlos, CA, United States
Come join the fun as a family to find various geocache treasures all over San Carlos. Meet in front of the San Carlos Museum.REI will again be sponsoring this event, and will bring some GPS units to check out and use….or use your own unit.
- 0303.February.SaturdaySan Carlos Museum of HistorySan Carlos Museum of History, Laurel Street, San Carlos, CA, United StatesEnjoy a leisurely walk through the downtown area as you search for items in the windows of local merchants listed on the Scavenger Hunt Sheet. Your entire family will share in the fun as you scan windows seeking the hunt objects. The hunt begins at the San Carlos Museum between 10 a.m. and noon. A list of rules and a hunt sheet will be given to each family prior to the start.Prizes will be awarded to the family with the most correct answers in the following categories: families with children six and younger, seven to 12 years of age and 13 and older. Dust off your magnifying glass and we’ll see you at the museum.