We are having our seventh San Carlos City-Wide Roshambo (Rock, Paper, Scissors) Contest, with finals during Family Game Night at Central’s Mustang Hall. Both “at-large” finalists and school champions will participate in the finals. Prizes will be awarded. If you are interested in participating in the “at-large” division just come along to Family Game Night and sign-up. Everyone can play — Kindergarten and above.
- You and your opponent make a fist with one hand and tap it three times on the fist of the other hand (or another hard surface).
- You and your opponent should both count the strokes out loud.
- On the third tap you and your opponent should both make or “throw” your characterizations of either ROCK, PAPER, or SCISSORS very distinctly, at the exact same time, so there is absolutely no mistake what you threw.
- Winner is awarded 1 point for the winning throw. (Rock dulls/beats scissors, paper covers/beats rock, scissors cuts/beats paper.)
- If you and your opponent “throw” the same character, no points are awarded–try again.
- A player must win two out of three throws to win a game and two games to win the match.