Contact: Cori Carpenter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cori Carpenter upcoming events
Fri, Jan 17, 2020 6:30 PM - Fri, Jan 17, 2020 7:00 PM
We are having our annual San Carlos City-Wide Roshambo Contest (Rock, Paper, Scissors), with finals during Family Game Night. The event started in 2012. Both "at-large" finalists and school champions will participate in the finals. Prizes will be awarded. If you are interested in participating in the "at-large" division just come along to Family Game Night and sign-up. Everyone can play -- Kindergarten and above. Rules:
- You and your opponent make a fist with one hand and tap it three times on the fist of the other hand (or another hard surface).
- You and your opponent should both count the strokes out loud.
- On the third tap you and your opponent should both make or “throw” your characterizations of either ROCK, PAPER, or SCISSORS very distinctly, at the exact same time, so there is absolutely no mistake what you threw.
- Winner is awarded 1 point for the winning throw. (Rock dulls/beats scissors, paper covers/beats rock, scissors cuts/beats paper.)
- If you and your opponent “throw” the same character, no points are awarded--try again.
- A player must win two out of three throws to win a game and two games to win the match.
Sun, Jan 19, 2020 4:00 PM - Sun, Jan 19, 2020 6:00 PM
Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in the United States. Pickleball is a fun and exciting sport that combines elements of Badminton, Tennis and Ping Pong. It is played on a court the size of a Badminton court, with a low net similar to Tennis, and with what looks like an oversized ping pong paddle and a whiffle ball.
Click here to see the rules.
- 4 to 5 pm: Come learn how to play the game from experienced pickleball players and Parks and Recreation Department Staff
- 5 to 6 pm: Practice what you have learned with some fun games
- Come anytime between 4 and 6 pm for a great time!
- Your Family--we have all of the equipment you need
- Sponsored by: the San Carlos Parks and Recreation Department and the Parks and Recreation Foundation of San Carlos.
Tue, Jan 21, 2020 3:30 PM - Tue, Jan 21, 2020 5:30 PM
Calling all Middle School kids! Come down with your family and spend an evening with the residents of The Elms. Many fun activities including making Valentines cards for veterans, reading or playing games with the residents, and making lunches for the homeless. Feel free to bring your favorite short story to read.
Sign up at Central or Tierra Linda.
Sat, Jan 25, 2020 5:00 PM - Sat, Jan 25, 2020 9:00 PM
Lions Club annual Crab Feed Fundraiser to support a wide range of community projects. Buy a ticket from any San Carlos Lion.
Happy Hour: 5:30 PM
Dinner: 6:30 PM